October 4, 2019 @ 7:00PM — November 2, 2019 @ 10:00PM
A 4-story, terrifying haunted house and largest fundraising event for The Arc of Loudoun!
2019 Marks Shocktober’s 10th Season!!
Every fall, Carlheim Manor (aka Paxton Manor) in Leesburg, VA transforms into a 4-story, terrifying, award-winning haunted house, giving thousands of patrons the scare of a lifetime. Built in the late 1800s, Carlheim Manor has become the topic of many urban legends and a must-see attraction for thrillseekers across the country. The real reason for Shocktober? It’s the largest fundraising event for The Arc of Loudoun, a local nonprofit dedicated to advocating, educating, serving and supporting people with disabilities and their families. Since 2010, Shocktober Fans have generated $2.5 million of support.
Facts and Demographics
When: October 4 through November 2, 2019; Every Friday (7-10p), Saturday (6-10p), and Sunday (6-9p)
Where: Carlheim Manor located in the Historic District of Leesburg, VA
Who: In 2018, 17,614 Shock Fans; In 2019, an estimated 20,000 Shock Fans
Shocktober’s largest demographic ages 18-35 years & families with children ages 13+
500+ Shock Volunteers support the event as actors and logistics support
- 368,000 unique visitors/893,000 page views on hauntedhouses.com
- Shocktober.org:122,797 users with 282,208 page views 2018 Season
- Facebook followers for Shocktober and Arc of Loudoun: 7,741
- E-alerts to 16,281 Shocktober and Arc of Loudoun subscribers
- Travel & Leisure named Shocktober #5 scariest haunted house in the nation in 2018
- Shocktober won Visit Loudoun’s 2018 Event of the Year & 2018 Action Award of the Year
- Featured on Fox 5, NBC4, WJLA, WTOP, DC101, Thrillist, Loudoun Times Mirror, Loudoun Now
- Regionally advertised in MD, VA, WV, DC, DE, PA
Trail of Terror
Designed to bring visitors to Loudoun County, Shocktober’s Trail of Terror guides Shock fans to local restaurants, wineries, breweries, places to stay, and special haunted experiences during Shocktober 2019 Season. Shock fans receive treats rather than tricks including discounts on their purchases or free food when they show their Shocktober wristbands or tickets.At the end of Shocktober season, the Arc of Loudoun receives a 10% donation from Trail of Terror partners.